Quick Reports displays the available (enabled) Scheduled Report Templates. Each template can be enabled for different enabled frequencies which include daily, weekly, and monthly. Click the Manage Reports button and select the check box beside the name of any Quick Report you want to enable. Each template has one checkbox for each frequency. The Quick Report will be enabled immediately upon being selected and be scheduled for processing. Beside the report name there is a dropdown menu which displays actions including view, export, delete, and, for stopped reports, restart. Clicking the Settings button beside Manage Reports will display a popup which can be used to designate an email address for emailing the Reports and the format in which you would like the Reports emailed.
Each Quick Report can be created daily, weekly, or monthly. You can select as many reports as you like, although the report size or available hard disk space to store reports may be limited by the Reporter Settings. Only the Master Admin account has access to these settings.
Lenovo NetFilter provides three different Quick Reporting tools:
Quick Reports: These are a group of prepared reports that are available from the first time you log into the Admin Console. These reports include some of the most commonly used reports by Lenovo NetFilter's customers. Quick Reports are typically generated on a regular basis (daily, weekly, or monthly) so you can periodically review the Internet use on your network.
Quick Demand Reports: These reports contain the same information and layout as Quick Reports but allow you to choose the specific period of time that the report covers—starting as far back as the current logs are stored.
Quick Search: These allow you to search the Request Logs for certain types of requests. Report filters allow you to narrow down the search results by searching for only certain types of requests or certain users.
The following is a list of some of the common information that Quick Reports are used to monitor, along with the recommended option:
· When do peak Internet usage times occur on my network? Try the Internet Request Activity report.
· When do denied requests tend to occur? Try Internet Request Activity.
· How much Internet traffic (requests per minute) does my network handle during the lunch hour? Try Internet Request Activity.
· How many requests were made to the Job Search (or any other) category? Try Category Activity (all).
· How many web requests were denied because they were assigned to the Gambling (or any other) category? Try Category Activity (denied).
· What are the most frequently requested web sites on my network? Try Top 10 Websites(all).
· What sites are most frequently blocked by the Lenovo NetFilter filter? Try Top 10 Websites(denied).
· I want to see the entire log of Internet requests. Try Request Log (all).
· I want to see all the requests that were denied. Try Request Log (denied).
When a new Report is generated, a 'Report Instance' is created. An instance will exist for each day of a daily instance and for each week of a weekly report and so on. Multiple instances will be saved and will only be removed with disk space is needed for new instances. You can access the individual instances by clicking the name of the Quick Report to expand the row. Click the dropdown list and select the required instance.
Each available report can be scheduled to run daily, weekly, or monthly. The first time you select a Quick Report, the report for the previous day, week, or month is automatically generated. The report may take some time to generate. You may need to refresh the page after a couple of seconds before the report is accessible. Subsequent reports are created at midnight at the end of the report cycle, according the time settings of the Policy Server (not necessarily your local time settings).
We wish to view the Quick Reports 'Owned' by the SysOp Brad Rose.
1. Go to Reports > Scheduled Reports to display the ‘Scheduled Reports’ page.
2. Click the Filter button on the Toolbar to open the 'Advanced Filter' window.
3. Click the Add Filter link to open the 'Add Filter' window.
4. Select Owner from the top dropdown list and then Brad Rose from the next dropdown.
5. Click the Add filter button.
6. Click the Apply Filters button.
7. The 'Scheduled Report' window displays the Reports Owned by Brad Rose.
To view the ‘Top 10 Websites (allowed)’ report we saved above in the Report Manager:
1. Go to Reports > Report Manager to display the ‘Scheduled Report Summary’ page.
2. Scroll down to the ‘Quick Report Processing’ section. The report and relative information is listed there.
You can enable and disable Quick Reports using the Manage Reports button. It displays the ‘Manage Reports’ popup. Each Report Template has one checkbox for each frequency. The Quick Report will be enabled immediately upon being selected and be scheduled for processing. You can also 'Select All' reports for each interval (Daily, Weekly, Monthly).
This section covers how to manage Quick Reports.
Deselecting in the legend will remove those items from the chart view.
You can hover over the charts and display addition information.
There is also the option to View the selected Report. Click the More icon to display a list of options.
The Report displays.
Clicking the More icon beside the Quick Report name displays all the Export formats for the selected Quick Report. Select the format and the file is downloaded.
The download icon for the individual Quick Reports downloads either a: PNG, PDF, or a JPEG file. These files are an exact copy of the displayed Report. For a view of Group data, use the Export function.
Quick Reports have a Restart option that displays when the Report has been temporarily stopped. Reports can be temporarily stopped in the Report Manager or through the Unused Reports function if enabled in Report Settings. The 'seen' value used for disabling unused Reports is updated when a Report is viewed from the WebAdmin and Remote Reporter. See 'Unused Reports' in the 'Configuration - Reporter' documentation.
A Settings button beside Manage Reports displays a popup which can be used to designate an email address for emailing the Reports and the format in which you would like the Reports emailed. Enter your email address in the Email Reports to: field. You can send the reports to multiple email address by separating each address with a comma (,) and no spaces.
When done, click the Save button to close the window.
If a Quick Report has an error, an error flag displays for the Quick Report.
Click the Reset Error Flag to reset the Quick Report.