The Accounts window is used to create, edit, and delete Accounts. Use this window to import or export accounts or to view Account Group Memberships. An account is a user with limited privileges to manage filtered clients in their group. Usually this person has some authority over the other users such as a teacher over a class of students, a manager over a group of workers, or a parent over a family. There are a variety of accounts available for delegating filtering administration. Administrators and, in limited cases, SysOps (System Operators) use the Accounts window to create accounts that can manage Groups, Accounts or perform specific tasks. SysOps can be assigned specific permissions to certain tools. This can be used to create multiple management Accounts for different Groups and Clients that allows you to delegate administration.
The Header bar displays these items.
The Account Manager window can search for External Authentication accounts. You can create an Account with no password that can be used for External Authentication. In addition, when an Account logs in using External Authentication, they can change their password for WebAdmin use.
Click the checkbox beside External Authentication Accounts and click the Search button to display these Accounts.
You can create an Account with no password to be used for External Authentication. When creating a new Account, click the checkbox beside the No Password option. The password fields are removed.
There are WebAdmin Settings: ‘Send Email on Account Create’ and ‘Account Create Email Content’ that allow an email to be sent to a User when their Account is created.
If enabled, a Notify User checkbox displays beside the ‘Email Address’ field in the New Account window. Enter the User’s email address. If the checkbox is enabled, an email is sent when the Account is created. See ‘WebAdmin Settings’ for more information on 'Send Email on Account Create' and 'Account Create Email Content'.
For a list of SysOp and Admin permissions, please see the SysOp and Admin Permissions document.
Admin users and, if permissions allow, SysOps can use the Accounts > Create tab to create and manage WebAdmin Accounts. Admins can create any class of Account except the Master Admin Account. SysOps can create SysOp and User accounts if they have been granted permission to manage. Users do not have permission to create WebAdmin accounts.
The ‘Policy Categories’ option in the ‘Create Account’ window displays when SysOps and Users are chosen for the Account. If ‘Deny Customization’ is selected, the user must use a Template to select Categories.
Go to Accounts and click the Create tab.
1. Complete the Account Information section on the Create Account window. You must complete the four mandatory boxes, which have a red asterisk (*) to the right of their label: Login Name, Organization, Account Password, and Verify Password.
For External Authentication Accounts, you can check No Password to remove the Password fields.
This is used External Authentication Accounts, check this to remove the Password fields.
Select a classification: Admin, SysOp, or User.
You can apply permissions by selecting one or more Account Templates. Each template will be applied in order, setting permissions on or off for any permissions that not already set.
Set the Expiry for the account.
Change the 'Owner' of the Account.
Change a theme (interface appearance) for the account. (You may have a custom or preferred interface.)
Create Account Group Policy:
If this is checked an Account Group Policy will be created.
Assign to all Managed Groups:
It this is checked it will assign all Groups managed by the logged in user.
Change password on login:
If this is checked, regardless of password enforcement settings, the user will have to change their password before accessing the WebAdmin.
For all Accounts, you can choose to enforce either System Wide Enforced categories or you can override these settings. You must have an Admin account to override enforced categories. To test these settings, you must log in as the Account. The Account must have appropriate permissions.
Use System-wide categories
If this setting is selected the Account will enforce all Categories selected in WebAdmin Settings > Enforced Categories.
Override system-wide categories
If this setting is selected the Account will not enforce system-wide Categories. It will use Account Specific Enforced Categories. Click the More icon to select the Categories you wish to enforce.
The Suspend tab lets you enable or disable the selected Account. You can disable access to the Client Filter or logging in to the WebAdmin. The ‘Include All Managed Accounts’ checkbox will suspend or resume all Accounts managed by the selected Account. Please note that when changes are applied, the checkmark for this option will not display. Please view any managed Accounts to confirm that suspend or resume has been applied
1. In the Account Manager, click Edit beside the ‘Login Name’ of the Account you want to suspend.
2. Click the Suspend tab.
3. Select the Disable checkbox beside any actions you want to disable.
4. The ‘Include All Managed Account’ checkbox will suspend or resume all Accounts managed by the selected Account. Please note that when changes are applied, the checkmark for this option will not display. Please view any managed Accounts to confirm that suspend or resume has been applied.
5. Click Save Changes. To resume an account, repeat steps and enable checkboxes.
6. You can now see the Accounts with ‘blocked’ in the ‘Status’ column.
1. On the Account Manager window, click Edit beside the name of the Account whose permissions you want to modify.
2. Click the Permissions tab.
3. Click the Edit tab.
4. Select the check boxes beside permissions to which you want to grant the Account access. Clear the check boxes beside permissions to which you want to deny the access.
5. If you have created 'Account Templates', you can also select one or more Account Template.
6. Template from the 'Account Templates' dropdown list.
7. When done, click Submit.
Click the Edit tab to view the final permissions for the selected Account.
Admins can designate a range of IP addresses for a SysOp to manage. This prevents the SysOp from adding network- or client-based workstations outside of this range.
1. Go to Accounts and in the Lists tab, click Edit beside the name of the SysOp account to which you want to add the range of IP addresses.
2. Select the IP Range tab and type in the IP Range as a subnet. For example, the subnet mask 192.168.6.0/24 includes the IP addresses from 192.168.6.0 to 192.168.6.255.
3. Click Submit. The IP Range is added.
An Account holder is said to have a membership in a Group that he or she manages. Use the Groups tab to assign or remove Groups from the selected Account.
1. Go to Accounts and click the Lists tab. Click the Edit link for the selected Account. The Edit Account window for that Account appears.
2. Click the Groups tab and click the dropdown list beside the Add Group field.
3. Select one or more Groups in the ‘Edits Group’ list to add to the field and click the Add button.
4. The Groups appears in the ‘Group Name’ list. Clicking a Group name redirects you to the 'Groups' page for that Group.
5. To remove a Group from an account, select one or more Groups and click the delete icon.
If you are using directory sync, you can assign an account membership in all groups and users added from a specific directory search base. See ‘Synchronizing Lenovo NetFilter with Directory Servers’ for additional information.
1. Go to Policies > Lists tab and click on the desired Group to open the ‘Groups' window.
2. Click on the Managers tab. You will see a list of Assigned Accounts.
3. Enter the SysOp or Admin name in the Assign Account dropdown or select it from the list.
4. Click Submit.
5. The Account is now assigned to the Group.
SysOps can only manage Groups that they have either created or been assigned membership in. Users can only manage one assigned group with one Deny List filtering policy or one Profile Manager account with a set of filtering profiles. (Profiles, like policies, are sets of filtering rules, but, unlike policies, usually apply to an individual rather than a group.)
Use this window to view or assign Accounts to Groups. Use the Export button to export the list. Use the Import button to import a list and quickly assign Group Assignments to existing Account.
1. Go to Accounts and click the Manage Groups tab.
2. All Accounts and their group memberships display in this window.
3. Click Edit beside the name of an account whose group memberships you want to edit. This displays the 'Edit Account' window for that Account.
4. From this window, you can add a Group to an Account or delete a Group from an Account.
An account holder can change his or her own password from the Your Account menu of the WebAdmin. However, if they forget their password, an account holder with higher authority can reset it.
1. Go to Accounts and click the List tab.
2. Click the Edit link beside the Account you wish to open the Account Information window.
3. In the General tab, create a new password for the Account and type it in both the Account Password and Verify Password boxes.
4. Click Submit.
You can also reset a password in the Client Filter Manager.
There is the ability to send an email to one or more Accounts in the WebAdmin. Go to Accounts, click the Lists tab and then the Email button. The ‘Send Email’ window displays.
Use the ‘Send Email’ page to send an email to one or more Accounts. By default, the Send button will send one email to all WebAdmin Accounts with email addresses. The 'Accounts' field always Bcc's the Accounts. Deselecting 'Email All Accounts' will allow you to select accounts from a drop down. If you wish to modify your send options further, click the Advanced button. This will display the 'To', 'CC', 'From', and 'Send To Accounts Individually' options. If the 'To' field is left empty, the 'From' address will be used. Please note that sending to Accounts individually can take a long time.
By default, the Send button will send emails to all Accounts with email addresses. If you wish to send to individual Accounts, click the Advanced button.
In the ‘Advanced’ view, select one or more Accounts from the To and Cc fields. If the To field is left empty, the From address is used.
Enter the Subject and the Message body and click Send to send the email to the selected Accounts. Please note that the From address defaults to the ‘Email Return Address’ entered in ‘WebAdmin Settings’.
You can modify additional settings using the checkboxes.
To all Accounts
If this is enabled, the email will be sent to all Accounts with an email address. If this field is left empty, the ‘From’ address will be used.
Cc all Accounts
If this is enabled, all Accounts with an email address will be Cc’d.
Emails all Accounts
This is enabled by default and all Accounts with an email address will be Bcc’d.
Send to Accounts Individually
Enabling this checkbox disables the ‘Cc’ and ‘Accounts’ field. The email will be sent to each Account individually in the ‘To’ field. Please note that sending to individual Accounts can take a long time.
If an Admin or SysOp assists with management of directory sync operations, you may want to assign the permission to manage all Groups and Clients created from a certain directory search base.
1. Go to Tools > Directory Sync.
2. Click the link for the Search Base.
3. Click the dropdown in the ‘Managers’ field and select the Accounts you wish to add.
4. Click Submit when done editing the page.
The ‘Assume Identity’ function lets an Account Holder assume the identity of another Account holder to check the WebAdmin interface and confirm that permissions and access are configured correctly. Admins or SysOps can use the ‘Assume Identity’ function for any Account that they have permission to edit. SysOps need to ‘own’ the Account to assume identity. These Accounts require the ‘Manage Accounts’ permission for SysOp or Admin and the ‘Assume Identity’ permissions. In the WebAdmin go to Accounts and Lists tab. Click Edit beside the Login Name of the Account holder. Click the Assume Identity tab. The WebAdmin interface displays for that Account Holder.
To return to the original Account click the link at the top of your window.